Sunday, January 3, 2010

Snow Day Suprise!

What a beautiful surprise to wake up to and see the soft blanket of white snow everywhere this morning. Especially beautiful since I didn't have anything urgent to do that required me to get out and drive around in it.
I was feeling serenely happy and rested since I got to sleep in until 8:00 this morning, which is a rarity. My darling husband had already been up for an hour and gone to the store and back, and they boys were well into their Mario-cart Grand Prix and just happy as clams.
I came into the kitchen and Beni was intensely mashing and stirring something, and after a quick look around I realized we were having bagles and lox for breakfast, one of my favorite things! He was creating a special spread out of lox, cream-cheese, and capers among other things, I'm sure. Then he sliced some ever-so thin red onion to go on top. Of course I devoured it before I remembered I should take a picture of a prepared bagel, but you can probably get the idea from this...







A beautiful snow day, bagels, lox, coffee, orange juice, and the Sunday paper. I really don't think it gets much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment