Monday, July 20, 2009

Monday Night Salad



Tonight we had a hearty greek chicken salad, and it really hit the spot;
Crisp red and green lettuce, summer tomato from our visit to the farmers' market, red onion, and artichoke hearts.
The chicken breast meat was sauteed with roasted pine nuts, capers, balsamic vinegar, and of course, plenty of garlic.

Our weeknights get pretty hectic, with me not getting home from work until around 6:00 and Beni having to head off to bed around 7:30 due to waking up for work at 3:30am. I'm so grateful to be able to sit at the table with my family for however brief a time it may be and enjoy a good meal and some lively banter. Beni's meals make it happen.
On a good night there's even time to go out in the backyard together and swing or play baseball, while the days are long anyway. It's hard to get the boys in bed before dark, but I'll go give it a shot. I'm beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment