Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Sushi take-out

Not a lot going on in the Helf kitchen the last couple of days. We're a pretty busy family.
Last night was a dual effort for dinner. I boiled some angel hair pasta and heated up some Bertolli 'Organic' (3 packs on sale at Sam's), while Beni grilled some Italian sausage and steamed the farmers' market brussel sprouts. The brussels got tossed in a little butter, lemon juice, garlic powder, and fresh dill.
The Bertolli label was refreshing to read. All whole ingredients. No additives or preservatives. Tomatoes, olive oil, onions, sugar, sea salt, garlic, basil, black pepper, and oregano. Home-made sauce is the best, but that jar was not bad at all.

Tonight I was craving sushi, so I stopped off at Ichiban on the way home. The boys devoured their California rolls. I had Nigiri Hamachi and Sake (Yellowtail and Salmon) with a salad, and Beni had the Curried Beef "as spicy as it comes" per my request. Beni gave it a big thumbs up as the sweat poured down his face. I was terribly sad when Rice Village closed, but Ichiban's sushi was really good and apparently so is the curry. We'll be going back.

I'll be doing some grocery shopping in the next few days to restock the kitchen. Check back this weekend to see what Beni cooks!

2 comments:

  1. Hey! Rice Village is still around, it's just under the disguise as "WOW" in the old train station. Same owners, same menu. Yummy!! The arkansas roll is the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good grief! How did I not know that!! Thanks, Nan! =)

    ReplyDelete